I'm still plugging along at the SITS Girls' 31 Days to Build a Better Blog challenge, and you may notice some changes as things go along. I've added a mobile-friendly template and I'll be condensing my sidebar soon to make navigation a bit easier. Thanks to those of you who follow me on Twitter for putting up with my slightly more frequent tweeting; if you're a blogger, I suggest following along with the #SITS31DBBB hashtag -- lots of good advice and support!
More importantly, here are some things you can look forward to seeing on FPL soon:
1. I'm launching a new guest post series called "What Marriage Means to Me." Anyone can contribute: married, unmarried, divorced, gay, straight, old, young, whatever. I've shared previously what my marriage means to me, but I don't want you to get just my perspective, because it's certainly not the only one. Hearing other people's thoughts on why they got married, didn't get married, or want (or don't want) to get married helps me to reflect more deeply and understand more fully my own personal commitment to Mike.
If you're interested in writing for the series, send me an e-mail at jessica -at- faithpermeatinglife dot com with a brief description of how you plan to approach the topic.
2. I'm going to start posting at the end of each month the best reader comments from that month. I have such awesome, thoughtful readers, and so many insightful, funny, and just plain wonderful comments are shared on posts here. I started thinking, I wish everyone would read the comments and see these great thoughts! Then I realized I could pick a selection of comments myself and share them once a month, with links back to the commenter's site where applicable. I'll be including a link-up tool in case you'd like to join in and do the same on your site!
3. Three Books on Thursday is going to be bigger and better from now on. I've been actively recruiting blogging book lovers for February's link-up, and I think there's going to be a good variety of book recommendations for you to explore. Even if it's your first time here, feel free to join in -- all you have to do is post three related book recommendations on the first Thursday of the month and then submit your link on this month's post here. Here are some past 3BoT posts:
- Three Books Every Parent Should Read
- Three Books Every Woman Should Read
- Three Books Every Christian Should Read
So those are three things you can expect to see here soon! I want to create more of a community voice here, so you get other people's thoughts and suggestions in addition to my own. If you have more ideas for how to make this happen, please share in comments!
Finally, you can always connect with me on Twitter and Facebook, where I share thoughts, questions, and links to interesting articles and blog posts. And you're more than welcome to send me questions or post topic suggestions on either of these networks or via e-mail at jessica -at- faithpermeatinglife dot com.
I look forward to the wonderful discussions to come!