The "What Marriage Means to Me" guest post series is a reflection of the reality that people choose to get married (or not get married) for different reasons, and the "purpose" of marriage varies across time and across people. Marriage can happen as a religious sacrament, a legal process, or both.
Hearing others' thoughts on marriage has helped me reflect on my own marriage and given me a richer, stronger, more nuanced understanding of the commitment I made to my own husband.
If you'd like to contribute your own story, send me an e-mail at jessica at faithpermeatinglife dot com. Anyone is welcome to contribute -- married, single, divorced, old, young, gay, straight, blogger or not!
Past "What Marriage Means to Me" posts
- Elizabeth from Sister Salad
- Revolution of Small Things Matter
- Sarah from Shades of Shayes
- Karen from The Duchy of Burgundy Carrots
- Alice from The Rabbit Hole of Alice
- Courtney (my cousin)
- Krys from Either Eat This Soup or Jump Out of That Window
- Karen from KarenBoyd.org
- Emma from LLM Calling
- Kathy from That's What She Said
- Ashley from It's Fitting